Ahoskie, the largest community in Hertford County, is located in the northeastern part of North Carolina on the Pleasure Route, US Highway 13, and is 24 miles south of the Virginia line.
Click a link below to find out more information about a particular interest in our community.
- Helpful Links
- Local Businesses
- Medical Facilities
- Recreation and Entertainment
- Regional Small Business Incubator
- Vehicle Registration and License Plates
- Volunteer and Sponsorship Opportunities
The Chamber in the Community
- Ahoskie Christmas Parade: We sponsor and coordinate this event in December each year.
- Heritage Day Parade and Festival: We co-sponsor and help coordinate this event in September each year
- Administrative Professional’s Day: We co-sponsor and coordinate this event in April each year.
- NC Department of Labor Annual Safety Awards Banquet for Northeast NC: We host and sponsor this event each year in May. North Carolina Commissioner of Labor personally makes the presentations.
- Arthur Lee Wiggins Memorial Golf Tournament: We host and coordinate this event each year.
- Annual Banquet Ahoskie Chamber of Commerce: We host and coordinate this event which brings in national and regional business leaders to address our community.
- American Red Cross Blood Drives: We participate and promote these blood drives throughout the year.
- Ahoskie Creek Recreational Park: We actively promote and sponsor the free “Movies in the Park” events and disseminate information about other events and athletic programs held at this facility.
The Chamber's Other Activities
- Active in C.O.N.E (Chambers of the Northeast)and N.E.T. (Northeast Tourism): These organizations are integral parts of North Carolina’s Northeast Commission. This commission is focused and effective in the recruitment of new industry and tourism in the 17 counties of northeastern North Carolina.
- Ahoskie Historical Preservation CommissionChamber Executive: VP serves on this commission.
- Ahoskie Tourism Development Authority: Chamber Executive VP serves on this board.
- Hertford County Economic Development Commission: Chamber Executive VP attends these monthly meetings
- Roanoke Chowan Partners for Progress (hosted by Roanoke Electric Cooperative): Chamber Executive VP participates in these meetings
- Small Business Center at Roanoke Chowan Community College: Chamber actively promotes and participates in vocational training seminars conducted by the Small Business Center.
- Ahoskie Town Council Meetings: Chamber Executive VP attends these monthly meetings
- Hertford County Commissioners Meetings: Chamber Executive VP attends these meetings twice each month